Salinas - Shawl Collar Single Breasted Jacket Style
Our Salinas shawl collar jackets are a modern take on the traditional shawl collar. Typically reserved for formal or cocktail attire, our shawl collar is a reinterpreted, casual take on the shawl collar jacket. Made with elegant and luxurious fabric, for instance with our wool/linen/silk blends which are meant to look like denim, you have the perfect blend of traditional elegance and modern casual style. Paired with jeans or dress slacks, it’s an extremely versatile piece in your wardrobe.
Our shawl collar single breasted jacket features a single button in a slim Italian cut. This jacket is deconstructed and half-canvassed. This provides the best of both works, the canvas give the jacket structure while being half-canvassed allows it movement and ability the breath, especially in hot weather. The deconstructed nature of the jacket also allows it to wear naturally, without excessive stiffness and structure.
All of our jackets have a natural shoulder without any shoulder padding. This is a jacket style originating in Southern Italy, where they deconstructed the traditional English jacket. They have been perfected by Casa de Novelas in Miami.
- Patent Pending Novela Chest Pocket. This allows for you to place your glasses, pen or accessory in the V shaped front pocket without disturbing anything in your chest pocket, such as a pocket square. It’s a unique detail you won’t find anywhere else, and it is patent pending by Casa de Novelas.
- Lapel opening, with hand-sewn boutonniere latch on the backside.
- Half-moon stitching on the pockets.
- Pick Stitching and Columbia stitching throughout the jacket.
- Patch waist and chest pockets.
- Ticket pocket.
- Functional cuff button holes with the first cuff opening larger than the rest.
- Double side vents.
- And many other details you will discover and experience as an owner of our fine blazers.